This insightful and highly interactive halfday session will develop insights and awareness of your people around unconscious bias – what it is, where it comes from, and how it impacts on each and every one of us.
We familiarise people with different types of bias, how to identify them, and how to start asking hard questions to test for the impact of bias. This is a crucial first step to building the systems and skills to counteract bias in all decision making forums, especially in clientfacing, talent, and recruitment processes.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Understand the business benefits of Inclusion and the rationale to engage all colleagues
- Have an awareness of their individual ‘unconscious biases’ and how it can impact the way they manage and lead our people
- Devise an action plan what they will do differently to manage their unconscious bias
Establish the benefits of considering unconscious bias
- Assessing the business need for this training
- Identifying commercial and cultural benefits bespoke to your business
- How UB reduction in other organisations has been attempted, and results
Understand how and why UB occurs
- Evolutionary neurology – how and why UB has developed in humans
- How heuristic short cuts impact on our decision making – meetings, interviews, client calls
- How intentional blindness keeps us unaware of excluding behaviours
Learn how these biases play out in the workplace, and the results
- Learn how biases play out in the workplace, and the results
- Assess where participants have biases, both affinity and negative, and what this does to relationships and the bottom line
- What needs to happen to get to take first step towards complete awareness and minimisation of bias?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
No Reviews found for this course.